Catching a monster lake trout through clear ice looks
When I moved to Wyoming after college is when my lake trout fishing came together. Rocky Mountain lakes offered opportunities to catch lakers in shallow water. The lakers were abundant and to my delight, easy to catch. Although I conquered them on the fly rod my passion became jigging for them through the ice. This proved to be the best chance to catch big ones. In 1989 I iced my first beast... Having fished lake trout for about thirty years now through the ice, there are always things to learn and new lures to try. According to my friends the Koppers Live Target lipless rattlebait in the gizzard shad pattern has been catching some fish . It has been one of the best lures for big walleyes on Lake Winnipeg and this has been transferred over to the lake trout box.
Monster Lake Trout On Clear Ice Absolutely Fishing
This is a great place to catch some big trout and perch through the ice. Remember, this is a large body of water, so ice conditions can vary greatly across the reservoir. Check out Fish and Game... RAINBOWS Through the ice: Season: Ice fishing for rainbows is an early season game almost exclusively. We hit them consistently till the first part of January then it begins to die down as the oxygen content of the lake dwindles.
Cold Lake Ice Fishing Tactics for Lake Trout blogspot.com
Throughout the season I normally chase brook trout, splake, rainbows, walleye, lake trout and other species. For brook trout I generally use worms and minnows. Tipping a Hopkins spoon with a chunk of worm is hard to resist, but big brookies have a hard time resisting a live minnow just below the ice.... This is a great place to catch some big trout and perch through the ice. Remember, this is a large body of water, so ice conditions can vary greatly across the reservoir. Check out Fish and Game’s Fish Planner for a map, fishing rules and more information about
Ice Fishing for Lake Trout Abu GarciaÂ®
If you feel a bit rusty on how to catch burbot or lake trout join the Game and Fish January 17 at 6 p.m. at the Green River Game and Fish Office for a fishing clinic. Tips and Techniques Fisheries biologists will share tips and techniques, as well as some information regarding management of both species.... First Ice Splake. Posted by Jason Akl. November 29, 2013 lakes will begin to freeze over for the first time making this an excellent opportunity to target big fish through the ice. Almost all species of fish can be caught through the ice but elusive summer species like splake become very easy to target and catch if you are willing to risk the thin ice. Fishing for Splake is often the best
How To Catch Big Lake Trout Through The Ice
Icing Lake Trout! Hooked Magazine
- Ultimate Fishing Family Vacation - Manitoba CA Bakers
- Lake Trout Opener on Seagull Ice Fishing Forum In
- Northwest Ontario Ice Good for Walleye & Trout â€“ Pautzke
- Lake trout setup Salmon & Trout In-Depth Outdoors
How To Catch Big Lake Trout Through The Ice
Like Coulter, Shibata prefers ice fishing for trout with relatively light, six- or eight-pound-test fluorocarbon—but not for the invisibility factor you might suspect. Instead, he prefers the tougher fluorocarbon because it’s less likely to break than mono when a big ’bow rubs it against woody debris.
- This is a big lake trout that was caught through some of Lake Superior’s crystal clear ice. For more videos watch our channel at JigHeadsTV.
- Fishing for these big browns can be very good as soon as the ice clears out. And it stays good through the spring and early summer. While most folks are obsessing over smallmouth and walleye, the brown trout fishing is excellent and few people are fishing for them.
- Throughout the season I normally chase brook trout, splake, rainbows, walleye, lake trout and other species. For brook trout I generally use worms and minnows. Tipping a Hopkins spoon with a chunk of worm is hard to resist, but big brookies have a hard time resisting a live minnow just below the ice.
- To get the big Lake Trout, we fish in 70 – 110 ft of water with a jig and sucker belly. Although you will catch lots of smaller Lake Trout as well, this proves to be the most consistent method for large fish.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Bonner ACT, Hughes ACT, Gungahlin ACT, Muswellbrook ACT, Omalley ACT, ACT Australia 2615
- New South Wales: Dover Heights NSW, Mt White NSW, Mingoola NSW, Grafton NSW, Newrybar NSW, NSW Australia 2054
- Northern Territory: Sadadeen NT, Maningrida NT, Girraween NT, Eva Valley NT, Pine Creek NT, Girraween NT, NT Australia 0866
- Queensland: Mooloolaba QLD, Glanmire QLD, East Russell QLD, Kincora QLD, QLD Australia 4067
- South Australia: Struan SA, Angle Park SA, Warrachie SA, Glenburnie SA, Elliston SA, Angle Park SA, SA Australia 5064
- Tasmania: Rutherglen TAS, St Helens TAS, Bangor TAS, TAS Australia 7027
- Victoria: Wooragee VIC, Darby River VIC, Lucas VIC, Benalla VIC, Pyrmont VIC, VIC Australia 3002
- Western Australia: Samson WA, Mt Hardman WA, Maitland WA, WA Australia 6023
- British Columbia: Anmore BC, Burns Lake BC, Langford BC, Cumberland BC, Tahsis BC, BC Canada, V8W 1W2
- Yukon: Watson YT, Watson YT, West Dawson YT, Canyon YT, Rancheria YT, YT Canada, Y1A 6C4
- Alberta: Glendon AB, Bowden AB, Bassano AB, Manning AB, Delburne AB, Rosalind AB, AB Canada, T5K 9J7
- Northwest Territories: Fort Good Hope NT, Reliance NT, Aklavik NT, Nahanni Butte NT, NT Canada, X1A 6L7
- Saskatchewan: Carievale SK, Killaly SK, Preeceville SK, Macrorie SK, Simpson SK, Maple Creek SK, SK Canada, S4P 5C5
- Manitoba: Leaf Rapids MB, Leaf Rapids MB, Gilbert Plains MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P2
- Quebec: Mont-Laurier QC, Pointe-Fortune QC, Mont-Joli QC, Carignan QC, Saint-Remi QC, QC Canada, H2Y 6W3
- New Brunswick: Neguac NB, Drummond NB, Salisbury NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H6
- Nova Scotia: Cumberland NS, Windsor NS, Argyle NS, NS Canada, B3J 4S4
- Prince Edward Island: West River PE, Greenmount-Montrose PE, Borden-Carleton PE, PE Canada, C1A 2N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Garnish NL, Gander NL, Point au Gaul NL, Whitbourne NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J7
- Ontario: Glenelg Centre ON, Waupoos East ON, Quibell ON, Swastika, Austin ON, Prospect ON, Apsley ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L1
- Nunavut: Hall Beach NU, Mansel Island NU, NU Canada, X0A 3H1
- England: Gloucester ENG, Tynemouth ENG, Grimsby ENG, Exeter ENG, Liverpool ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 5A3
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 6H5
- Scotland: Aberdeen SCO, Dundee SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 2B5
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, Newport WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 8D2